Making PDF with multiple views

Not installing Packages from Dynamo, but downloading the ZIP from https://dynamopackages.com/
and then unzip it and place it in the (your) correct folder works better. At least for me it does.

Note
Rename the ZIP to the package + version you downloaded (instead of the default name).

1 Like

@bvs1982, I tried that I think the problem is that I’m currently working on Dynamo 1.3 and Revit 18.2. Guess I’m gonna need to update to be able to install the newest version of the Loci node.

The Genius Loci package should work from Revit 2017 to Revit 2020 and is compatible with Dynamo 1.3.

Hmm still getting errors even though I manually add them with a zip file

@bvs1982 and @Alban_de_Chasteigner, Thanks a lot guys I got it to work installed a little bit older version of loci and got it to work cheers guys!

@dylanUZJPA

Best is so remove ALL packages and reinstall the ones you need manually.
Your packages don’t even have to be in the Roaming folder. They can be in any folder.
Also best is not to have the same package(s) in multiple files and locations.

Capture

@Alban_de_Chasteigner

Maybe bit off-topic, but do you also have a way to remove the single PDFs after the merge.
The OOTB node File System > DeleteFile only work for a single File.
I need a way to remove FileS (so i don’t have too look them up and remove them manually).

Pretty sure I’ve used this for more than one file at a time. Post your current graph and a testable Revit file (asking for both as noted above, Revit and Dynamo version play a key part in the complexities here), and I’ll try and find time to review later.

@jacob.small

When i use @Alban_de_Chasteigner solution to created a merged PDF and i want to delete
the unnecessary files afterwards - using the FileSystem.DeleteFile node - two of the PDFs are in the merged file (and are deleted) and the last PDF isn’t in the merged PDF and isn’t deleted either.
The other files are Deleted even tho the Node gives nulls. :exploding_head:

BatchPrint.dyn (31.1 KB)
BatchPrintWithDelete.dyn (34.4 KB)
Project1.rvt (1.5 MB)
Revit
20190225_1515(x64)
Dynamo
Core 2.02.6826
Revit 2.02.6833

I checked the FileSystem.DeleteFile node and it works normally.

One “null” for each deleted file.

There are sometimes problems with the speed of execution of actions between the different nodes. Passthrough does not always manage to force the execution order.

Is there a way to solve that?

At this moment, when i run my Graph, two of the files are merged and deleted and the third one isn’t…

By the looks of this the file may still be in use from an application (Revit or the pdf combining action), though its admittedly hard to tell.

Try restarting Revit, freeze the delete node, run the graph, unfreeze the node, run the graph again. As long as no inputs change then the other nodes shouldn’t execute, and whatever ‘held’ the last PDF may have let it go.

If that pans out then it might be possible to write a delayed combinator via python, but this is something I haven’t experimented with yet.

1 Like

You could wait a few seconds for the PDF merge to complete before deleting the old pdf files :

@jacob.small

Tested a few things.
Or all files are deleted or just the two, but ALLWAYS just the two files are in the merged PDF (instead of three).

Got almost everything to work except for this. It writes the files but makes the host PDF corrupt in some way or form any idea whats happening?

It’s probably the same problem with the order of the operations and the speed of the virtual PDF Printer than @bvs1982 :
Try that instead. It will wait 10s before merging the pdf together :

Batch Print PDF Merge.dyn (33.7 KB)

If necessary, the 10 seconds can be increased.

Did i wire it correctly like this (for ‘my’ problem)?
I get the expected result this time (3 files in the merged PDF and all of the deleted),
but i wanna make sure it is not ‘by accident’.

It seems correct to me.

Thanks for your confirmation and ALL your help and time today. Much appreciated! :pray:

2 Likes

@Alban_de_Chasteigner

I cheered to early…

Tried it a second time (wired like this)… Back to only two pages in the merged PDF.

I see the PDFs appear in the folder and get deleted after the ~10s.

I will look into it further next week (with a clear head)… Now it is time for weekend

Try to increase the waiting time if there are a lot of pdf to print with large color applats.
Or create seperate dynamo graphs :

• One to print.
  • One to merge and delete single pdfs files.
1 Like