Lunchbox Machine Learning

So, I got close, but it’s not quite working?

This ‘works’ but only if the number of rooms is less than my ‘test’ rooms, which is obviously not ideal…

Also the outputs aren’t right…! I tried plugging everything in the other way round and playing with the various other inputs but couldn’t get it working.

I realise I could use IF statements for this.

The inspiration came from John Pierson and Nate Miller here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6WglyUB-7A though it’s all in grasshopper so took some interpretation.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Machine Learning Rooms-1.dyn (29.4 KB)

3 Likes

I’m actually submitting a Pull Request this week to their repo with the sample file. (And another one for the Gaussian nodes) :grin:

Right now I am training the neural network with the room width, depth, area, and perimeter (derived from specific rooms in an isolated selection). I am then placing a new room and using that data as the test data. Took me a bit too, but after dissecting their workflow on the video and looking at the source code, the inputs started to make more sense.

2 Likes

Thanks John,

Let us know when it gets approved :slight_smile:

Perhaps my test is not complex enough to warrant using it.

It’s interesting in that currently we have hard prescribed sizes… A Studio flat is upto 50m²… In a world of ML, we could move to… This flat is 49m² but suitable for a 1 Bed flat.

Cheers,

Mark

Got my Pull Request in here, https://bitbucket.org/archinate/lunchboxml/pull-requests/1/dynamo-neural-network-sample/diff

It still needs reviewed and all of that but the files are up there now for your viewing!

2 Likes

Hello @john_pierson, I am so curious that I have already tried and explored your sample which is so amazing. And, I going to try to train room shape data. Thanks john :grinning::hugs::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks John,

That’s a really smart graph :slight_smile:

I have rebuilt it (I presume your file is 2.1 and my 2.0.3 can’t open it perhaps?) and it appears to work (still quite mysterious!)

Would you mind confirming/correcting my train of thought below?

• I would have expected to remap data sets per attribute

• Instead we remap the data set per room

• This gives an appropriateness per room

• This ‘average appropriateness’ is what is used to select the most likely match.

Thanks again,

Mark

Machine Learning Rooms-4.dyn (107.0 KB)

It should be in Dynamo 2.0.3, and even then if it was in 2.1.0, it should be compatible per semantic versioning. even then, I did not use anything that would be specific to 2.1.0.

Are you getting an error of some sort?

1 Like

This is what I did…

Probably user incompetance!

Cheers,

Mark

Oh that is just downloading the webpage with the name of the DYN.

Any time you see that corrupted error, do some digging. Opening in Notepad++ showed me what was wrong pretty quick.

1 Like

Thanks! should I copy and paste the code into notepad and save it as a dyn?

That will do it.

Or: View Raw > Save As > Rename to .dyn

1 Like

Success :smiley: That’s Great!

Any comment on the below would be awesome…

• We remap the data set per room
  • This ‘average appropriateness’ is what is used to select the most likely match.

Cheers,

Mark