LoopWhile

Hi, there! Trying to make a LoopWhile node work, but somewhere I do a mistake obviously. I have never understood this nodes in full… Got no success trying to read up on it in old forum posts either.
What I’m trying to do is to make straight line segments of one set length along a curved PolyCurve for as long as the curve is. My approach is to create a sphere with a set radius at the startpoint of the curve, do a Intersect and extract the endpoint from the resulting NurbsCurve. Then create a similar sphere at that endpoint and repeat until the end of the curve. Anyone got a suggestion?

Script can be uploaded if needed.

Did you try the loop1 node? (I personally did not yet, I am just curious of it at the moment :slight_smile:)

Actually it did! :slight_smile: Couldn’t find that old @Dimitar_Venkov reference myself…

Here is the modified dyf file for anyone interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tk8fgwqd3cmszk/TestLoop.dyf?dl=0

2 Likes

Curve.PointsAtChordLengthFromPoint wouldn’t serve your purpose?

ChordLengths.dyn (9.7 KB)

2 Likes

Yes, @Vikram_Subbaiah that would most definitely serve my purpose. I have never used that node, thought it was basically the same as segment length. Still learning! :slight_smile: thanks!

1 Like