List Mapping problem

I am having a problem with List.Map and I’m unsure why. I have 56 piles within my model each having an individual Mark. I also have an Excel file which contains additional data which I am trying to assign to various Shared parameters already setup within the project. The naming convention of the Mark within the Revit model is also slightly different than that of the Excel spreadsheet. With the Excel spreadsheet being the correct format.
I have successfully changed the format and the List.Map references appears to be correct. I just don’t seem to be able to apply the list.map references without an error as shown in one of the enclosed images. I think I’ve possibly wired it up incorrectly, Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. Kindest regards
Steven Rigby

It could be because List.Map returns 56 items while your first List.GetItemAtIndex 58 (try to remove the two first ones)

I’ve seen numerous videos on the internet about this and that didn’t seem to affect the outcome of their data. It seemed to ignore the data which didn’t match. Besides the List.map references are correct. I tried it and it still fails at the same point with the same error

try changing the lacing to shortest, it’s currently cross-product which is why you have 3248 results (56*58)

4 Likes

Thanks for your input guys I have now resolved the problem. Both your comments nudged me a little closer to the solution. If my dynamo graph is useful to anyone with a similar issue please let me know and I’ll send it to you.

Steve Rigby

Personally, I would have one question (just curious): how is this Excel spreadsheet generated? (No need for details)

My engineers generate the numbers using our design package tekla then follow it up with some tweaking using formulas in excel so that I get it in a format I can use

Thanks