List levels in a Property.SetValue node

Hi,

I’m writing a script that helps me out on filling automatically all the property values in a property set which has been added to multiple elements. I have come to a issue (list level issue I believe) which I am unable to solve.
So what is the problem:
This is the current status of my script

and the way it add’s the values to properties is like that:

What I need it to do is that:

I’ve played around with different list levels. I’m sure the lacing has to be set to longest, but can’t figure out why I can’t run it correctly. Has anybody got a clue what am I doing wrong here and how should I set the levels so it would work as I need it do?

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you can just use a List.Transpose and be done with it.

However I think you want @L2 on the property input, and @L3 on the value inout, then longest lacing. Might be way off though. Would help to not have anything collapsed (limit your dataset to 12 items total so we can read stuff, or insert a watch node and size it up to fit everything).

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately none of them worked for me.
Here are the full lists:

I tested it out when I used GetItemAtIndex node, like that:

The script worked well for the specific list of elements. Just can’t see where and why it confuses the script, when I work with multiple lists…

Ok… that list length is too long for me to visualize it. Reduce the dataset to 3 sublists containing three items.

Often I find it best to build a geometric dataset to reproduce the problem and solution before you move into your real data set. You just need a set of lists and a single node to use each sublist in the same way as your current issue. This allows quick verification of the values as well as iteration of your inputs as it strips the translation between the host application and Dynamo while also reducing things to the minimal number of items to verify the problem and solution.

Since this is a two input lists problem, you can use a Geometry.Translate node which takes a geomet egg and a vector as inputs, and a list of list of points as the geometry and a list of and vectors as the inputs.

Hi,
here are the reduced lists.

Tried to solve it once again today, but still came across the same issue. The way I have set things up at the moment, gives me the closest to perfect solution…

And eat do you get with @ L3 and @L2 with longest lacing?

Long time no response, but I was finally able to solve the issue. The @L3 and @L2 as suggested works perfectly now, but I had to write the previous part of the script a bit differently and remove keep list structure at some point in order to it to start working.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like