Lines delimiting a geometry

Hello everyone, I am a beginner in using Dynamo and what I need to do is to create a grid/mesh having a dimension 0.25x0.25 within an already known Revit geometry.
So far I have managed to call up the Revit geometry with the Element.GetLocation node, which outputs a list of lines, but I can’t find the node that allows me to call up only the lines that define the perimeter of that geometry. Once this is done, I have to create the 0.25x0.25 grid only within the required geometry.
Does anyone know how to help me? Thank you in advance

Lorenzo

1 Like

Hello @s1098376 and welcome to the community!, the forum is in english so please edit your post to english…google translate should be ok…thanks

2 Likes

Thx Lorenzo…could you do the same with the headline :wink: cheers

1 Like

Good morning,
Here is a possibility (not necessarily the most effective)

edit: with lacing taken into account

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hi Christian…good morning :wink: ? where are coming from …hehehe

1 Like

Hello,
from my bed in the north of france :grinning:
Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

yeah the best place to stay :wink: :wink: but i trought in france they where very early out in the morning for work and drinking vine etc… :wink: :wink: have a great sunday

1 Like

Normal there are good actors in France (work early) :smile:
no more beers, belgium won me over :wink:
Mr. Jacob will eventually open a culinary and spirits branch :wink: :wink:
have a nice sunday too :wink:
Cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

Beers :wink:

yes that could be nice…but he lives in Sweden :wink: :wink: heheheh

2 Likes

Dinner, drinks, and Dynamo… Sounds like I need to start a user group!

On the topic of the post… one other thought would be to utilize the bounding box to generate any orthogonal grid (plan, front, left, right, rear, bottom, section, or even 3D). VASA can do the 3D for you, bounding boxes can make sort work of any of the other options.

3 Likes