Line Based Detail Component from Curve

I am using the Detail Component by curve and I have scratched my head a little too long.

Here is what I am attempting to do:
Take a series of points and draw either a line based detail component with a length label or, dimension segments of a filled region. Pardon the messiness of this graph. I am still very much an amateur dynamo user. Master SBC Grade Plane Calculator with filled region.dyn (138.3 KB)

I have been able to successfully draw a filled region based off these points within the view, however, I am trying to use a custom line based detail item family (circled in red) and the node that seems most applicable is the DetailComponent.ByCurve. I have tried a number of strategies using line by vectors, line by start and end points, family instance by point in view, etc. When I run it with DetailComponent.ByCurve, I seem to get no errors, where as with the others my inputs are wrong. However, the detail component is still not drawn.

I was struggling with Dimension.ByElements first which is why I tried to make a line based detail component to resolve the issue. Your help is appreciated.