Keynote Text to Description Parameter

I am fairly new to Dynamo,

I started a topic a little while ago to try and get the Keynote Text Parameter (only visible in Keynote Legends) to map to the Description Parameter in Revit Objects…since then I have been trying to come up with a solution without too much luck.

I have tried to attack it another way buy looking into creating lists. Using SpringNodes Collector Nodes I am able to gather the Keynote Text and Key Value Parameters (In Orange). I was hoping that I could just use the Element.SetParameterByName node to assign the “Description” parameter to all of the elements listed, but being as the list is of keynote tags not elements, no luck (In Green), hence the error in the image attached.

So I wanted to know if there was some way that I could combine these lists so it maps the list positions in the Keynote text list and corresponds to position in the Key Value List (Orange Lists). Then somehow search the rest of the model using the categories (Blue Lists) and get these lists to be combined and scan the orange lists to using the Keynote abbreviation??? Am I asking too much of the Dynamo nodes?

Example from the Keynote Legend 057-CH = CHAIR, in the projects the Type Parameter “Keynote” = 057-CH so then it will scan the Keynote lists and Apply “CHAIR” to the Type Parameter “Description” using the Element.SetParameterByName node.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I seem to have solved my own problem…

1 Like

Hi Scott,
Could you share the script? We are now implementing mechanical specifications in our new projects using revit.thanks

Hi,

Could you share the script somehow? or give us a full screenshot of it?
I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
Charles

Sure thing. It is a bit of an older graph now, but hopefully it helps out.

I am attaching a couple of dynamo files, one was the original and the other was a simplified version.

Set Keynote Text Parameter to Description Parameter - By Categories.dyn (38.9 KB)
Set Keynote Text Parameter to Description Parameter - Simplified.dyn (26.2 KB)

1 Like