Is possible to create a Dynamo dictionary with multiple values or lists for a single key?

Is possible to create a Dynamo dictionary with multiple values or lists for a single key?

I find limited the OOTB node create dictionary because it gives warning when same key has more than one value in a list, one key one value, but is possible one key for many values?

My approach for this was to generate sublists and grouping by key those sublists, then a key has a list of sublists, but I was wondering if there is available something more smart to do in Dynamo.

You can pack a list of values into a key, as well as a dictionary inside of a dictionary. The only limit is that you cannot use a key repeatedly.

If you are struggling with doing either, post the graph indicating the problem.

1 Like

you mean that a entire dictionary can be assigned to a key

@ruben.romero
It’s basic, you should study more

1 Like

I do not have a clue of what you suggest me

If you want to call for “1” and get the list of values, you need set your list lacing and list levels accordingly. Set the list level to @L3 for the values input in your first dictionary and see what happens.

1 Like

what a nightmare

I recommend using better key and value names to work this out.

Try building an English to Spanish translator for the numbers one though four. Then do English to French. Then pack the dictionaries into a dictionary.

1 Like

Are you aware that my quote and the picture you posted in your reaction are from different people?
That’s the second time you did this.
don’t put words in my mouth, i hate that

1 Like

okay, closing or deleting the post, need to study more dictionaries or something else, sure everyone finds that subject quite obvious, I never needed to know the answer of that post subject but I was curious to explore more today

you’re forgiven

2 Likes

I understand that I can generate sublists for the dictionary values, I was doing something like that:

I guess it is resolved like this then:

1 Like