Intersect element with two lists

Hi,

I have an array of 40 elements (cross product lacing) and an array off walls, both variable in length.
what i want is a list with all the elements that are intersects with the wall.

This is possible when i play with the lacing, but the problem is, when i increase the walls, it only gives me a list with the intersections with 1 wall.

I hope i explained it well enough.

@r.Francis ,

i think you must lacing Element.GetLocation to @L1 or other to @L1

KR

Andreas

1 Like

Thanks for you reaction, but that doesnt matter. The closes i get is 2 lists, or 3… seperate list with all the checked value like this:

list1(true, false, false)
list2 (false, true, false)
list3 (flase, false, true)

What i want is those combined in 1 list, like : list1(true, true, true). But i geuss the difficulty lies within the fact that both lists can adjust in length.

So you want 2 lists - all elements that intersect with wall 1 and all that intersect with wall 2?

I think you need to:

• Flatten the element list so it’s one continuous list.
  • Get unique elements so there are no duplicates (search for unique in nodes)
  • Set “Geometry” input to @L2
  • Lacing auto (pretty sure)
1 Like

Hola Amigo @r.Francis buenas. when you chose to evaluate 2 lists (List A, List B) lacing cross products this is what you get:
List 1
A1 vs B1 = true
A1 vs B2 = true
A1 vs B3 = false
List 2
A2 vs B1 = false
A2 vs B2 =false
A2 vs B3=true
and so on just to finish all the elements i advice you to chose the shortest list in the first imput, this way you will be know all the diferent intersection, if you are only interest in any intersection you can use any true or any false nodes for each case after intersection node, i hope this helps you!

2 Likes

Hi,

try to use List.AnyTrue

here is an example that only filters cable trays that clash with walls

2 Likes

Hi Cyril isnt that only the location you clash, not the geometry

2 Likes

Thank you! The node list.anytrue worked! exactly what i wanted thanks.

1 Like