Importing text from CAD to REVIT

You can also try the LinkDWG package which will allow you to pull data from an open AutoCAD drawing.

Data extraction also works.

1 Like

Hey, I don’t know where you’re seeing that… could you post a screen shot?

1 Like

Should be released by Monday :+1:

3 Likes

Where will this be released? Looking forward to it!

When I find the time! It’s passed testing and ready for release, just finishing off the obligatority documentation/announcment post.

You can find the text extraction nodes in BimorphNodes v3 available on the package manager - the node to use is CADTextData.FromLayers. More info here.

2 Likes

So I’ve followed this thread and I have converted CAD text to Revit text.

My question for is what is doing about the different sizes of text?

All my text is the same size and bigger than what I want and I have been trying to figure out how to change the type of text.

Text doesn’t appear to be in the ‘Family Types’ selection node.
I can get the text height from the CAD file and the text height of the text that Revit creates.

I just can’t set the type/height for each piece of text.

Appreciate any help.

Ok just to answer my own question.

I was able to figure it out. For some reason I kept trying to find a ‘family’ for the text, but there isn’t a family.

In the bottom left corner is where I’m using the ‘Element Types’ node to select “TextNoteType” then get a list of all the types. From there you just select the one you want and place it into the input of the ‘TextNote.ByLocation’ node.

Didn’t 100% work how I wanted it to, but get’s me a lot closer than manually typing it all in.

1 Like

3 Likes

That is AutoLISP, a language not yet implemented in Dynamo. AutoLISP can be used to write out text files from AutoCAD, that can be read into Dynamo.