Importing Feature Lines from Civil3D into Dynamo using Python

@Anton_Huizinga it would be good to include your ideas too, I really believe that as a community we can all add value to make the difference.

Paolo, you are awesome I meet you in person on AU2019, love your class!
There is a site were we can check your you python nodes?
I’m fairly good with python but I’m stuck in the Python-C3D connection
Thanks!

Doubt. Why you do not Commit your transaction? When this is necessary?

Hi Paolo, great work with list of nodes for feature lines, very useful!

May I ask if there is a node which lists all the feature lines and its properties? I have feature lines of several underground services, I would like to create a script which filters through the feature lines list, groups them according to type of service and creates pipe networks.

Please note that the feature lines cannot be in a “site” because many of the feature lines cross each other and I don’t want crossing feature lines to automatically intersect with each other. Apologies if this has been already discussed.

Welcome to the community! There are lots of selection techniques you can employ, usually the “Site.GetFeatureLines” is good but won’t work for “site-less” feature lines" in that case I’d use the “DocumentExtenstions.AddNewTypes” node and then use the “All Objects of Type” to select all feature lines in the document. You can then use a filter node in combination with a layer name or feature line style which distinguishes any differentiation.

PS - This is an old thread and your question isn’t quite related to the original topic (feature lines and python) so I’d encourage you to not be shy and go ahead make new threads so users can easily find similar information.

3 Likes

I supopse that in order to have access to the Object Types(Feature Lines), first of all, you will need to run the graph with "DocumengtExtensions.AddNewTypes inserted and then you will be able to pick Feature Lines, right?