Ifc, navisworks

EN:
I am in the following situation: I want to investigate the possibility of automating the creation of tags on the elements of my IFC model in Navisworks. The information related to each element (each column, for example) is in a spreadsheet. But to create the tags with links to this spreadsheet, it is necessary to do it manually. Is there any possibility of linking each element with the link provided by the spreadsheet tab where the information about it is located, using Dynamo? Could any package facilitate this interaction?
ā€¦

PT-BR:
Estou com a seguinte situaĆ§Ć£o:
Quero investigar a possibilidade de automatizar a criaĆ§Ć£o de etiquetas nos elementos do meu modelo IFC, no navisworks. As informaƧƵes relacionadas a cada elemento (cada pilar, por exemplo) estĆ£o em uma planilha. Mas para criar as etiquetas com links para essa planilha, Ć© necessĆ”rio fazer manualmente. Existe alguma possibilidade de linkar cada elemento com o respectivo link da aba da planilha na qual as informaƧƵes sobre ele se encontram, usando o Dynamo? Algum pacote poderia facilitar essa interlocuĆ§Ć£o?

english please

1 Like

Hi Kin, welcome

Dynamo is currently not going to be the best choice for automating changing attributes in an IFC file as I would think the workflow would be:

• Open IFC file with Revit (Revit converts file)
  • Open Revit file & process with Dynamo
  • Export Revit file as IFC

If you have any programming experience I would look at IfcOpenShell and if you would like a GUI there is BlenderBIM Add-on which works natively with IFC files and has a python automation interface but unfortunately it does not appear to use Blender nodes which are similar to Dynamo

2 Likes