IF node

Hi there,

This feels like a stupid question, but I’m having difficulties with the IF-node…

If the ‘true’ and ‘false’ inputs are lists with different lengths, the output of the node is a list with the length of the shortest input-list:

Capture4

Am I overlooking something, or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance

IF node gives empty list

I think it was on purpose for it to lace over the input correctly? Logic.IF from package zebra will do what you want.

2015-09-29_14h04_07

2015-09-29_14h03_27

Or scope.if it seems.

2015-09-29_14h07_22

Or, you could use Design Script

20150930-1

Thanks for your reactions.

ScopeIf does the job, although I’m not sure this is the only difference between If and ScopeIf.

A better description of these two nodes would be helpful I guess, other than ‘Conditional statement’ and ‘Scoped If statement’

Edit:

It seems ScopeIf won’t works for nested lists as True/False input.

I don’t know anything about Design Script, so I’m trying to avoid it, if possible :slight_smile:

Here’s what I’m trying to achieve:

If want to create an option for users (preferably via a Boolean node) to choose between two lists (different lengths) with sublists of 6 points:

Capture5

‘If’ works, but it picks the length of the shortest list

‘ScopeIf’ doesn’t work (after 10 seconds of calculations):

Capture6

Logic.If from Zebra (old If-node) seems to work:

Capture7

There’s a node it Rhythm for having a choice between two options. It is called Ayuda.ThisOrThat

I use it all of the time when I need to switch what a graph does.

2015-09-30_07h26_01

It would be good if the IF node was updated. I’m not sure what ScopeIf does but it crashes all the time

“ScopeIf” was used for recursions inside custom nodes. (not sure if node recursion is still supported, I haven’t used it in a long time) I guess the team forgot to update it to handle lists, similar to the standard “If” node in version 0.81.

Because “ScopeIf” was meant only for use inside custom nodes, I would refrain for using it in the main graph. You can try the following work-around for using the default “If” node with unequal length input lists and a single Boolean value:

2015-11-02_12-22-52

Why the images aren’t clickable?

much obliged