I want to assign the dimensions of a support family

Hello to everyone,
I want to create a dynamo to automatically assign the length measure of a supporting family created in a project. Can anyone help?

Why not just use a parameter in the family? It surely has a parameter already to set its support length.

Beyond this if there is no support look into raycasting nodes from bimorph or data shapes that can find the closest objects in a model above a point.

If you need more help than that then you’ll need to do some scripting first I think.

1 Like

I leave the support example need the length I marked. how can I do it?

Isn’t that a parameter in the support family?

1 Like

After selecting the family, what parameters show up in the properties pallet?

This element does not appear as a parameter,I need to print the size of this model on it

Edited by moderator. See below the line for original post.

This element does not appear as a parameter, I need to print the size of this model on it

Original post below

Bu eleman bir parametre olarak görünmüyor, üzerine bu modelin boyutunu yazdırmam gerekiyor

In that case please upload a small sample containing the family in place of its host so we can see what is possible. Screenshots aren’t able to solve this one.

1 Like

Please include an English translation in all future posts. This is a technical requirement to make search work for other users.