I see that "Element Types" are now "Element Class" and all my scripts referencing "Elements of Type" don't work in the new version

I’ve been beating my head against this all day… Now I finally know that it’s been renamed and I have to change “Type” to “Class” in Dynamo. But in Revit they’re still called “Types”…
edit: deleted inappropriate and juvenile link expressing misdirected frustration and hostility

This change was made to actually bring things into alignment. The API, Dynamo, .NET and pretty much everything else uses class. The Revit UI doesn’t even use Types the way this node used to, so it’s actually in line now.

Please review the community guidelines, as that image link is bordering on inappropriate.

https://forum.dynamobim.com/faq#be-civil

Yes. Sorry. It is inappropriate. I’m removing the link. Although TBH it pales in comparison to my language over the past 24 hours. Literally nothing has been working for me in Dynamo since we went to Revit 24 in ways that have not been true since at least 2019. Every package and every script has had to be re-installed and rebuilt.
Anyway, sorry again. If anything I’ll probably be using the bat on myself before the end of the day.

1 Like

There were a lot of changes to Dynamo, Revit, and a lot of other core components over the last few years (a trend which I predict will continue in 2025). As such a lot of what worked in terms of core code in the previous build might not work in the new builds. Setting up a testing framework goes a long way towards identifying issues, but sadly that is something which many recommended early on but few if any have done.