How to update Dynamo?

I have Dynamo Revit 2 .1.0.6567 installed on Revit 2019.

Everything works fine. Then I download Dynamo CoreRuntime 2.1.0.zip, replace stuff in C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\2.

There is no Dynamo node list shown in the side bar.

Mabye you have this problem?

OP solved problem after install Revit updates 2018.3.1 & 2019.0.1.

But I’ve updated to 2019.2.1 already

Hello Xiaofei Ying,

DynamoCoreRuntime is a standalone sandbox version (Which means it’s own environment - when you unzip you can run the DynamoSandbox.exe file locally) of Dynamo Core - As shown in this blog post here: https://dynamobim.org/a-new-way-to-get-dynamo-sandbox/. Dynamo Sandbox does not sit on top of any other platform like Revit.

Dynamo 4 Revit is the Dynamo integration inside of Revit, and Dynamo 4 Revit version 2.1 is only available in Revit 2020 - As shown in this blog post here: https://dynamobim.org/dynamo-core-2-1-release/. Please note, as per the blog post, that Dynamo 2.1 is also available in other host integrations such as Civil3D, FormIt, Advanced Steel and Alias.

6 Likes

Thanks, solamour

1. So If I want to work with Revit, I have to use Dynamo 4 Revit instead of DynamoCoreRuntime?
  2. DynamoRevit2.0.3.20190326T1745.exe release date is newer than that of DynamoRevit2.1.0.6567.exe, but why the version number 2.0.3 is older than 2.1.0?

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, Dynamo4Revit is how you access Dynamo inside of Revit. Previously, there was an installer that allowed you to have multiple versions of Dynamo installed as an ‘addon’ inside of Revit. Now, Dynamo is more tightly integrated as more of a ‘feature’ of Revit. This brings more stability and reliability to the experience.
  2. We have concurrent releases being built: The 2.0.3 version is a Hotfix Release - hence the later date :slight_smile:

Do you have a link that shows the “fixes” contained in 2.0.3 (2.0.3.20190326T1745)? I cant seem to find this list - Maybe its because it is not a finalized build?

I am mainly asking because I am hoping that the annoying drop-down resetting issue in 2.0.2 will be fixed for Revit 2017-2019 (I understand that 2.1 fixed it, but that is just for Revit 2020+). While I can go back & update my graphs to hardcode the data in, it will take quite a bit a time.

Xiaofei_Ying, are you sure 2.1.0.x is installed for Revit 2019? From what I have experienced & been told any 2.1.x version will only be for 2020 & later. Do you have a screenshot showing this version installed & working with 2019?

Hello Tyler,

The Daily Builds do not come with documentation as they are released as is and are a pre-release for the curious and package developers as a feature preview.

When the 2.0.3 hotfix is released officially (Currently going through testing) it will be accompanied by a blog post :slight_smile:

1 Like