How to set the height of a scopebox

Hi,

i tried to get the geometry of my scopeboxes, but there is no category for “scopebox” in the category dropdown list, nor in the element types dropdown list.

my aim is to set the exact height of the bottom, and top plane for the boxes.

any suggestions would be welcome.

Marcel

As far as I know, the API won’t allow manipulation of scopeboxes. (yet)

Still not possible?
I tried to set the location and the node gives me an element back but nothing happens in Revit :rofl:

I read this thread Control the size of scope box - #6 by Nico_Stegeman explaining that the scope boxes parameters are not available in the Revit API. Is this still the case?
Thanks!

yes

1 Like

Thank you!

I never understood why the give us so little controls over the Scope Boxes.
Seems so many want it.

Same for the Grids (Bubbles) and Elevation Markers, but that is a different topic.

I agree completely.

me too.
Even in the Revit UI- the idea of something that you can only ever eyeball into place gives those of us with mild OCD nightmares

I wanted to use all scope boxes present in my Revit central file to generate external elevations of all the buildings and place them on sheets. But having them at different heights makes reading their height measurements via geometry manipulation impossible. The list structure gets messy. So not being able to read the height parameter from the API is very limiting.
We need a fix!