How to remove polygons from an object created using a mesh

I created a geometry through a mesh using a routine in dynamo, but when the element appeared in the Revit interface it appeare
d with several polygons (as you can see in the image), does anyone know how to remove it?

Hi,

you can try to use the Dynamo MeshToolkit package

4 Likes

Hi @c.poupin is that 2024 as i cant get meshtoolkit to work in 2024…

I have the same problem with Revit 2024

thx then it isnt me there do something wrong ;)…

I find this post here …

We are very close to shipping an updated Mesh Toolkit and our sincere apologies it’s taken this long :frowning: The .NET upgrade took a monumental amount of effort and was “all hands on deck” for months on end.

The reason it wasn’t a simple update was that binaries for our geometry kernel that Mesh Toolkit uses changed and required some deeper updates.

3 Likes

Could you share the dynamo (DYN) routine you are using? please

I didn’t save it because it’s a simple dynamo script with only 8 nodes (see the screenshoot)

the first node is File Path node

2 Likes

Can you share with me the script used in the “code block” NODE.
I tried to create the routine in dynamo based on your photo, but I was unsuccessful.

can you post your dyn here ?

1 Like

yes
Homenovo codigo.dyn (10.6 KB)

I would not use Dynamo for this, would use Rhino and convert the mesh to BRep geometry and then you can import to Revit later

Hi @joseermersongoncalve
you can find more information about code block here
https://primer.dynamobim.org/en/07_Code-Block/7-1_what-is-a-code-block.html

here the dyn fixed (use DynamoSandbox2.16)
Homenovo codigo.dyn (16.4 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, I will study the software

Thanks for the help

3 Likes

Update here is that now both versions of MeshToolkit are uploaded, meaning you can once again use it in any version of Dynamo :star_struck: Refer to the link above, or the table below:

1 Like