How to place different types beam by dynamo 0.6.2

Hi All,
How to place different types of Beam by dynamo ver0.6.2

Dynamo 0.6.2? That’s so old that I doubt anyone else is actually using it anymore. Please update. Dynamo is at version 2.1.

2 Likes

you are right @Konrad_K_Sobon . but i’m in need of using this version only. so please give me the solution on the same. thanking you

At least, show your attempts…

Show us some work please. This is not exactly a place to make requests for what you need but rather a help forum to ask for help with things that you cannot figure out on your own, but actually tried. Things have changed from Dynamo 0.6.2 till now 2.0.1. I believe your using older revit version?

This post is feeling more negative than I would like, but I’m hopeful it will street you along.

Beam.ByLine is the best I can think of, but as @Konrad_K_Sobon mentioned, you are very out of date so it may not exist in that version. That version of Dymamo was released in late 2013. If you had a baby then they would already have had their first day of school. Not quite Revit’s age as it can legally drink, but old all the same.

Also, this version of Dynamo on works with Revit versions up to Revit 2014, which hasn’t been supported for about a year and a half now. That should sound somewhat scary - you’re so far behind you are on your own. To avoid this, you should push to upgrade.

If for some reason you can’t upgrade, and the Beam.ByLine node doesn’t yet exist in that version, you would need to rebuild the node and any associated content/methods from scratch or find an example of someone else who did. Should you choose to go that route, the work you would need to use is exposed in the GitHub as a starting point. Note that I f the Revit API calls don’t exist in 2014, then you’re out of luck as there is no way to add to the API.