How to get BlockReference (show = No) DynamicProperty?

Hi all,

I’m trying to get the values of a hidden (show = No) property of a dynamic block. But the standard node “BlockReference.DynamicPropertyByName” (which is the OOTB for Civil3D) cannot read its name or its value.

Is it possible to get the values of the hidden properties of dynamic blocks using nodes?
Does anyone have similar experience and then how did you solve this problem?

test_BlockReference.DynamicPropertyByName.dwg (819.5 KB)
test_BlockReference.DynamicPropertyByName.dyn (22.6 KB)

Dears @jacob.small and @solamour

Do you have any “recipe” for solving this issue?

Not sure, and I don’t even know how to build such a block (not a Civil 3D user and haven’t used AutoCAD for production since 2009, so a lot of stuff goes over my head). Please post a dwg with a pair of dynamic block references having a property 1 and a property 2 and I can try to look into it one day.

Thx for the reply.

No problem, you can find all the REFs above (attached to the 1st message).

1 Like

Hi

Maybe this is help you

Hi @solamour, I’m curious about your opinion on this.

Do you think it makes sense to upgrade the OOTB node “BlockReference.DynamicPropertyByName” so that it can read all properties (both shown and unshown) of dynamic blocks?

I think this would make it easier to work with complex blocks that have hidden parameters. What do you think?

@ana.ortizMPU5K makes sense to me at face value :blush: I’ll let the Civil 3D team working on the Dynamo integration know about it.

1 Like

@ana.ortizMPU5K we have filed a task for this now, so improvements should come in a future release :slight_smile: Big shout-out to @Nora.Li for putting that on the improvements list!

2 Likes

I’m really grateful for your amazing work on this project. You guys are awesome and always ready to help. Thank you for making this forum a friendly and helpful place.

2 Likes

You are most welcome @ana.ortizMPU5K ! There are a lot of awesome people doing their best to make Dynamo all that it can be :star_struck: and we take great joy from being able to improve it for people such as yourself.

1 Like