How to extract the "User defined" thermal properties of windows in Dynamo?

Hello! How can I get the “user defined” thermal properties of windows in Dynamo? Please note the difference between the two screenshots attached.

@ritaselias ,

it should be type parameters, but i get nothing :confused:

1 Like

Heya,

i get nothing

You got a 1 :slight_smile:

If you had ‘User Defined’, instead of ‘Schematic’, you would have a 2. Or ‘Building Type’ would be a 0.

I think that’s expected for enumerations, Yes/No is similar with a 0 or 1 output.

Alternatively, if you pull the parameter, it gives a human readable output which can be pruned…

I hope that helps,

Mark

3 Likes

Thank you @Mark.Ackerley and @Draxl_Andreas! But, I’m still stuck as I’m interested in pulling the R value under the user defined properties.

@ritaselias

If I understood your question correctly then
replace “Define Thermal Properties by” by “Thermal Resistance (R)” in Marks example(?).

1 Like

I changed the “define thermal properties by” from “Building type” to “user defined” in Revit, then switched back to Dynamo and pulled out the thermal properties needed using the “Element.GetParameterValueByName”. This automatically gave me the values needed (basically R, U, and SHGC values). I don’t know if there is a better and faster way though!

1 Like

Please mark @Mark.Ackerley reply as solution (he deserves this one in my opinion :slightly_smiling_face: ).

What do you mean :thinking: ? Please elaborate.