How to Determine Centreline of a Pipe from Point Cloud

Try running this via Dynamo Player, or closing without saving the graph between runs. It sounds as if you’re up against an element binding issue.

1 Like

Here is an example workflow for when you have a decent length of pipe scanned. :slightly_smiling_face:
(I will see if I can find some time this week to test a partially scanned pipe as well)

ezgif-5-8fbe6479dbf2

5 Likes

For incomplete pipe point information (vertical pipes only)…

3 Likes

Hi Ewan
The Topic is Awesome. I tried but get some issues please help me out
I have linked the point cloud and selected the pipe via section box in 3D view
and downloaded the sastrugi Package and used Pointcloud select points in view node

after this, a message box appears stating clicked k and selected region from left bottom to right top but I get another message box stating!

there is only one view open in my project
Thanks in Advance have a Nice Day

1 Like

Hi @dineshsubramani

This node has been updated (issue found previously) and is available for download from my website. Hopefully replacing the dyf in your packages folder solves your issue.
Sastrugi Package - Updated
This update will be included in the v2.0 release. (date pending)

2 Likes

Thanks a Lot @Ewan_Opie
i continued the script and i got another issue the circle is formed in the opposite direction may i know how can i sort it out

Thanks in Advance

Check that the Lacing on the Geometry.ClosestPointTo node is set to CrossProduct, so that all the surfaces and points are considered. :wink:

3 Likes

It Works Thanks a Lot for your Kindness @Ewan_Opie

1 Like

Ewan,

Many thanks for further input.

I shall look at what you have posted.

Did you say that your nodes downloaded a few days ago have been updated?

Ewan,

Hi.

I tried your variation, however, no joy:

I have got it to occasionally work, and you have got it to work, however, it does appear to be hit and miss, mostly miss :slightly_frowning_face:

Dear Dinesh,

Iam also stuck with the above issue. Iam new to dynamo. Kindly share the script file please. i mean creating the circle in opposite direction

Srinivas

Dear srinivas
It has been a year. currently I don’t have that script
Sorry for the inconvenience

Dear Ewan_Opie,

Could you please go through the attached below snap shot and advise where went wrong. Appreciate if you could advise me the corrections

!

@Ewan_Opie, could something similar be used for ductwork too?

1 Like

Yes, this should be entirely possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you have a workflow you have been exploring to allow for me/others to assist?

One consideration is an allowance for duct insulation, as this would probably be the surface returned from laser scanning. :wink:

1 Like