How to delete packages in dynamopackages.com that i developed

i develop some dynamopackages,but i just developed for test.now i want to delete it,how to do this,thanks for everyone!

One thing you can do on your own is to deprecate the package.
For everything else I guess you’d need to contact Team Dynamo.
CC @Racel

I think the nodes I developed myself should have the right to delete them.

1 Like

Or where can I manage the node packages I developed?

Currently, you cannot remove packages from the package manager, this isn’t a limitation of the package manager but a design decision, you may however deprecate packages through the UI.

The reasoning for not being able to remove them is that other packages, graphs, and others works may depend on them, if your old package suddenly disappears then their graphs and packages will no longer be able to be built. If you have a new package that you’d like users to migrate to, you can deprecate the old package and include that in the description. This policy is similar to how other package managers function (ie: NuGet, Ruby Gems).

A good place for suggestions to the package manager are on the github issues site.

Feel free to reach out to me (or Racel as noted above), should you wish to discuss your specific case.

1 Like

If you wish to submit a deletion request, please send an email to dynamoteam@dynamobim.org with the subject line ‘Package Deletion Request’ and make sure to provide the package name. Upon receiving the request, a confirmation email will be sent to the package author’s email associated with the package. Once the author has approved the request, deletion will occur within 30 days. If the author does not respond within 30 day, a new deletion request is required. More details here: https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/wiki/Dynamo-FAQ#package-manager

Currently, transfer of package ownership is not permitted.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope that helps.

FYI @heimafinal

1 Like