I wanna add to my families shared Parameters. The tutorial is very usefull from the AussiBIMGuru.
I cant extract data from my shared parameterfile so how can i adaped my script?
does anyone know?
I can`t extract anything from my SharedParameterfile?
Can i direct import sharedParameters from my text file! i want to create new parameters!
If you want to work with shared parameters, take a look to Orchid package
SetSharedParameterInFamilies.dyn (34.8 KB)
IfcSharedParameters.txt (1.0 KB)
It just open/close families without adding any sharedparameter
mybe you can test it
i have 2 TypeParameters
and 1 InstanceParameter
This script is my latest workflow for bulk addition (no orchid, just crumple):
Can i take my parameters direct from the .txt
I want to avoid to create a new SharedParameter!
is instance or type, can i modife the .xls create a column with true/false ?
There is a file in that zip I linked showing the structure of file I use to add the parameters. You must be connected to a shared parameter file which contains them for the script to work.
Don’t modify your shared parameter file.
Why i get this error?
Should i select a particulary excel format?
( i saved your file Ifc as SharedParameters)
I don’t really know why, but I had some problems with that node because my windows and my office don’t match, I mean, be sure that if your windows is 64bits, your office is 64bits.
I’ve realised that sometimes, even when both are 64bits doesnt work until we reinstall office 64bits.
that shows my Systeminformation
What can i do next? is there a workaround?
should here System64
IT department says 64bit
Yep it’s an Excel IT issue. Seriously wish a solution would be worked back into old versions by the team, wastes so much time for users and people helping others.
Typically an online repair for windows can fix this until the next windows update, or use Bumblebee packagr instead which works.
Can i work with this instate
with some list management
AddSharedParameters_V01.dyn (37.6 KB)
You need to connect a valid BIPG list, not strings. Your bipg name in the second screenshot has dashes in it, that might be the issue.
ABG_220213_AddParameters_V02.dyn (39.7 KB)
At least it added one of three Shared Parameters
I get no Error… hmmm
Is there an index issue?
The node works with 1 set of parameters to provide to multiple families, not sublists. You will need to use list levels to make it work with custom lists. To be honest it’s hard to review with the changed list levels to those intended.
I can try to review it if you provide all files you are using, cant test it otherwise.
Edit: ok can test it now.
OK so a few issues, mostly with the parameters file which you should ideally not muck around with too much, just pick the parameter groups (builtin groups, not the group names from the file), and make sure the names of your parameters actually exist in your file.
This file uses a lookup table to match the human friendly name to the BIPG name (PG_IFC), so the second column should be kept as a validated list like below:
One of your parameters has the wrong name (it doesn’t exist in your file, check carefully):
Otherwise the process works for me. I’m using the standard excel nodes, but the list structure you should target is shown below to assist. Make sure the data isn’t all sitting in one big list as the custom node uses Python and expects to receive the data in list format.
i got 2! I corrected the sharedParameter Name in the excel!
why does it indexing -1 instead of 1?
i changed the kick! to 0 so the header is not included
Like I said, be careful. Check the parameter name - there’s a typo again. Not trying to be mean, but reinforcing a very important lesson when working with any programming exercise that involves matching. Computers are unforgiving, generally.
-1 means no match was found, so it tries to add the second parameter twice and fails the second time. If you feed -1 into an index in a code block it takes the last item. I build the script this way so that it adds all the parameters it can, fails on the misses but still completes the task without generating null values that a GetItemAtIndex node would typically provide if a -1 index was provided to it.