How can I draw a viewport from a polyline?

@jehart while you bring up a fair point, I have to push back a little bit. I had a very similar response awhile ago to a question about using Dynamo to sum up all the lengths of Polylines.

…and Paolo put me in my place:

So I have to repeat it here: yes, LISP could cut it, but where is the innovation in that? The question was posted on the Dynamo forum, which means that @andre.demski is looking for a Dynamo solution. Also, we don’t know the extent of the workflow that this would be fitting into. If it was just a one-off to create a Viewport from a Polyline one time, then sure, a simple one-liner could work. But what if this is part of a multi-step approach that is, for example, creating layouts, viewports, and annotation for an entire project? Or what if @andre.demski is just wanting to break away from a 50+ year-old programming language and try something new?

I say all this with the utmost respect, and I hope to not offend you. But we all need to help each other out to push the boundaries of our industry and explore new workflows.

With all that said, @andre.demski how are you coming on this? Do you need any more help?

1 Like