Help with filters, sorting, and removing to get a prefix put on mark parameter

Hello and sorry if this has been asked i couldn’t find an answer.
I am trying to do the following.

i would like to be able to select all the duplex outlets (for example) and filter the ones that already have a prefix (for example “EF-”) and remove them from the list of those that do not have that (example they are marked as a number like 3 or 30 or 20 etc).

I want to then be able to add the “EF-” prefix to those so that i can make sure all my outlets have the prefix “EF-”.

i’m sorry if this has been answered in a previous post i can’t find the answer.

I tried to do the following:

Hopefully the image was able to upload to this post. I don’t know if there is a node for this filtering, or maybe to sort and remove the last ones that already have the prefix, or somehow tell it to look for something specifically… i’m out of ideas. i would really appreciate some guidance.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @DaftPooch,
Welcome to the Dynamo community. There are a lot of ways to do what you want to do.
You should start by looking at what nodes Dynamo has to offer and watch some tutorials to get a better understanding of how things work in Dynamo.

This is one of the way to achieve the intended result.
SetMark.dyn (18.2 KB)

1 Like

@AmolShah, i want to thank you sir. i was not understanding the connection between the string search for and the set and get parameter node. Thank you for the time and direction sir.

1 Like