Group items in list based on sublists

Hi,

Can anyone help and give some guidance on grouping items in lists based on their sublists?

What I am trying to do is create pipes from lines, however as some lines overlap I want to group them together into sublists and create a single pipe.

For example I have a list of 5 items (lines) and the ones at index 0,1 & 2 intersect each other, (same with the ones at index 3 & 4) and I would like to group them into 2 sublists. Is it possible with nodes or do I need a python script because I could potentially have lots more lines overlapping, therefore a loop would be more appropriate?

I tried converting the index numbers to strings, concatenating these and then trying to find substrings in strings but no luck I’m afraid. Also, the List.GroupByKey doesn’t work either.

Thanks.

1 Like

Since you have already grabbed the indexes and they’re grouped as they intersect, you can use a List.GetItemAtIndex node to grab them from the original list.
Hope this helps!

Thanks Patrick,

But this doesn’t help as the result I want is this. Basically, I want to group those lists @L2 together if any index @L1 is common in other lists at that level.