Getting elements using their element type

Hello all,
I am trying to get a list of elements that have a certain element type but I always get this error and I tried alot of things and tried searching online but couldn’t find any solution.
Your kind help is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi @eslam.abdo.taha .

The node “All Elements of Type” expects a System Type, the node is used to get all walls, roofs, etc.
If you’re working with FamilyTypes use FamilyInstance.ByFamilyType.

1 Like

Thanks @Daan for your response.
Unfortunately, I am working with element type, not family type.

You made duplicates with a new name so there are no elements of the same type?

What is the element type you are plugging in?

@pyXam
It’s an RNC conduit that I duplicated and renamed it according to data in an excel sheet

I tried modelling elements of the new type and still no results

We’re you doing this in the UI or in Dynamo? How were you attempting to do either?

Hi @eslam.abdo.taha you have duplicated a type and think then you try to write to an instance parameter, it isnt possible before the type have an instance…but probably something here could give an idea…

1 Like

this should work.

uses Spring nodes and Clockwork package and SEGOKS but you dont need the last just used it tfor sorting. since i dont have the same families as you.

OBS Pay Attention to Lacing.

Hi @stefan.gokstorp not 100 sure thats the issue, i think user try to write to an instance parameter as when he try connect directly elementype to set parameter it doesnt work…

1 Like

ah my bad

1 Like

Hi Stefan…its just what i think and thats absolutely not sure every time…:wink: :wink: