Get System Name as string from Element

Hi All,

I am trying to build a list of strings from a list of parameter values. Some values, for example “System Type” returns an element with an ID and when converting to strings using Parameter.Value, it returns “MechanicalSystemType”. Is there a way to easily convert these elements to the value as a string? Keep in mind that these lists have a mix of different data types.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Try the String From Object node out.

Thanks, Jacob. I actually tried that and it returns the “MechanicalSystemType” as a string without the Type ID. Could this possibly be a bug?

Sorry, misunderstood the question. If you want the element Id as a string, use an Element ID node prior to the String From Object node.

Hello everybody, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am trying to use this number (151) which is a parameter ID as a string but I have not been able to do it for some reason… Any ideas?

Your error message is basically telling you that the data type of the parameter you’re trying to write to is not set to TEXT. For example, you cannot type letters in a NUMBER, INTEGER, or HVAC_AIR_FLOW parameter.

1 Like