Get kilometer point from the alignement

Try messing with levels on the geometry.closest point to node. Probably other to L2. Right now you’re only drawing three lines because there isnt the same number of “geometries” as there are “others”.

You may also want to put a check in to find which polyline is closest to the points. So you will separate the points into separate lists based on their respective closest polyline. Then you would put both the list of 3 lines and the list of 3 lists of points into the geomtry.closest to node

The files.

What if the number of lines will be increased to, let’s say, more than 200 pcs? And the points so, to almost 1000 pcs.
In the picture is just a part of the project for speeding up the dynamo processing.

It should scale fine. If you post your data set i can show you what I mean when I’m at my computer next.

Awesome. I just attached the link, but needs to be checked by the site administrator.

You should be able to attach a dwg, dyn, xls, ect. directly to your comment. Although you may be limited if you’re a new user. This is relatively simple so i can recreate. Im just being lazy :joy:

1 Like

The link just appeared in one of my previous comments.

I did some experiments with lacing and levels, but it seems that is needed to divide the lists of points by the closest lines((

Here. This is one way to sort the points by the corresponding closest polyline.
Cazanesti–SW.dyn (34.5 KB)

Hi! The resulting connections look good now)) So many lists(( Which one list is the key to this solution?
I’ve succeeded to get all the lines into Civil. Is it possible to get polylines instead of lines in Civil?
Thanks a lot.

Hmm. Not sure why they’re being generated as lines without looking . You can always use “pedit” → “multiple” , then select all your lines → “yes” in cad.

The key was comparing the distance from each line to each point and then taking the minimum distance and using that minimum distance to find the matching index for the corresponding line for each point.

1 Like

Being a beginner, I found it to be the easiest way to get geometry in the model by using the Line.ByTwoPoints, but I’d like to get polylines in the first place instead of transforming them afterward.
Can you suggest an easy method for this?

Create a polycurve instead of a line in dynamo. As long as you only input two points each, it should be the same, just a polyline.