Geometry: Geometric section creation from surfaces to panels

Hi, I have attached a two dynamo definitions.

U_Frame_Section props which is the problem def and the simple skewed grillage model to give you and idea of the end geometry target for structural analysis in Robot.

I am generating a simple I girder section(s) that has additional points incorporated in the web and flanges. (this is in order to attach web stiffeners later)

I seem to have problems with visibility: the section displays poorly on my laptop and when rotated disappears completely.

Is there something inherently wrong with the def and my method.of section generation ?

Additionally is there a way of quickly orientating the sections to say an XY plane, which is where I would like to generate the sections then transform the geometry onto the structural model.

I prefer to work in mm with my working range set to large, does dynamo prefer m?

I am not great with Revit which does not help.

My workflow is as follows gererating the structural model in dynamo with the plan of using the geometry in Revit for documentation:

• Sections generated in dynamo in XY plane
  • Geometry of analysis model in dynamo… sections surface elements assigned as panels
  • Geometry imported into Robot structural pro 2017

I am using Revit 2017.1 and Dynamo 1.3.1.0

All help appreciated.

rgds Kenyon

U_Frame_section props_Rev_AU_Frame_section props_Rev_A.dyn (45.2 KB)

Skewed_grillage_template _25_Rev_C.dyn (193.1 KB)