Geometry conversion warning when selecting from Revit

Hi,

I encountered a problem with the geometry conversion.

Warning: One or more geometries have failed to convert due to this error: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryObjectConverter.Transform(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Geometry>, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem)’ and ‘Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryObjectConverter.Transform(Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Geometry, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem)’

I selected the model element from Revit. The model contains many surfaces. These surfaces were generated in Grasshopper (mesh output of daylight analysis in Honeybee) and sent to Revit through the Rhino.Inside Revit plugin.

It is displayed correctly in Dynamo, however, I am afraid that it could create some errors in further steps of the algorithm.

Do you have any idea, why this warning appears and how I could fix this issue?

Many thanks in advance for your support!

Julia

@Julia_Ratajczak ,

Did you try also Element.Solid ?

It could be due to one of your packages you installed that causes a namespace collision, so Dynamo doesn’t know what to do.

1 Like

Yes, but it doesn’t work unfortunately.

Without the full errro text (you can select, copy via ctrl+c, and paste it into a post) it’s hard to know exactly what the issue is. Filtering out non-null geometry and comparing the resulting geometry to what is in the Revit model may work.

A conflicting Dynamo Package or Revit add-in is one possible cause here; The other is that the geometry produced by RhinoInside isn’t valid in the context of the larger geometry library; that is to say that while it shows up, it’s not suitable for all uses in the application environment. This is often the case with meshes, as other applications allow stuff like zero area mesh surfaces (the triangles of the mesh all have the same vertex). Pushing a family, solid(s), or other geometry type may be the best fix in that case.

Hi Jacob,

thank you for replying.

The full error text of the Element.geometry note is:

Warning: One or more geometries have failed to convert due to this error: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: ‘Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryObjectConverter.Transform(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Geometry>, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem)’ and ‘Revit.GeometryConversion.GeometryObjectConverter.Transform(Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Geometry, Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.CoordinateSystem)’

The error of the Topology.Edges is: Warning: Asked to convert non-convertible types

The error of the Edge.CurveGeometry node is: Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.

Referring to your sentence: “Pushing a family, solid(s), or other geometry type may be the best fix in that case.”, may I ask you to provide me with an example with family? I tried with Element.Solids node but it doesn’t work.

Many thanks!

JR

Thank you all for your comments.

I would like to let you know that I solved this problem:) Rhino.Indside Revit does not create any problem. I used Element.Faces node. This allowed me to import geometry. Afterwards, I joined it by face union to create the surface.

BR,

Julia