Generative Design Data.Remember node is missing

Hi Everyone,

I am working through the autodesk workshop series ‘Dynamo from BIM Automation to Generative Design’.
I am still having one issue.

The Data.Remember node is missing in Revit Dynamo.
Is there an alternative? Following is my Revit and Dynamo version:

Revit version: 2021
21.0.0.383 20200220_1100(x64)

Dynamo Version:
Dynamo Core : 2.5.0.7460
Dynamo Revit : 2.5.0.7586

Attaching an image of the script from the Autodesk website.

Would appreciate your guidance. Thanks :slight_smile:

@Lilli_Smith @nate.peters Do you two have any thoughts on this one?

1 Like

Hi, There is a patch update that was just released that should address the missing Remember node issue.

https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates

2 Likes

I’ve been wrestling with this one (with the help of Jacob S) myself the past few days, and found there was a replica of the package usually stored on the C drive at; C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2021\Dynamo\2.5\packages

If you’re missing your package in the appdata folder, maybe try copying this to that location, and checking your package paths under Settings > Manage node and package paths...

2 Likes

Thanks guys. much appreciated.
I was missing the package in the appdata folder. Copied that package (Generative Design) from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2021\Dynamo\2.5\packages
to
C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.5\packages
All is well now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One thing to keep in mind - the original location the package was installed in the ProgramData folder is where our installers put Dynamo packages that are developed by Autodesk. The installer won’t be able to track down and update packages that were copied to other locations.

I would recommend installing the patch that @Zach_Kron mentioned - it has a fix for the bug that was preventing those nodes from loading from their intended ProgramData location. After you run that, and remove the copy of the GD package in AppData, you should be good to go.

Copying the package and loading it from elsewhere is a valid fix for this one, but it’ll cause issues eventually because you’ll end up with a mix of different package versions on your system. Dynamo is going to load them in whatever order your package folders are in the Manage node and package paths window. If you have two instances of the package, Dynamo will load the first and skip the rest as duplicates.

4 Likes

I followed the advice provided by @Zach_Kron , but unfortunately my account is not displaying the update. I checked today as well and there is no such update available in my case. I couldn’t help but go with the option of copying the package. Once the update is available I will apply that for sure.

Hi @louiskurian, do you know if you have a license to Revit only or to AEC Collections? It shouldn’t matter, but for the purposes of troubleshooting.

Hi @Zach_Kron,
I have a licence to Revit only.

In addition to Revit 2021, i have Autocad2019, Formit2021.1.0

@louiskurian can you check again? We just made a tweak on the student licensing.

1 Like

Hi @Zach_Kron, I am new here and trying to learn more about Dynamo and I am interested in Generative design. I just use the same nodes that you have used in the png image you posted. However, I just couldn’t find “SurfaceDivision2D.DivideSurface” node. Do I need to download another package? So far, all the the requirements that has been mentioned by @louiskurian are matching:

"Revit version: 2021
21.0.0.383 20200220_1100(x64)

Dynamo Version:
Dynamo Core : 2.5.0.7460
Dynamo Revit : 2.5.0.7586"

I am not sure what I am missing here. Could you please tell me what do I need to do?

Thank you very much!,
Cezmi

Hi @Cezmi , Allow me to guide you through the same issue I faced. You will need ‘Refinery Toolkit’ package, see this post on how to get it https://dynamobim.org/refinery-toolkit/.

1 Like

Hi @louiskurian, Thank you for the link. I have the “SurfaceDivision2D.DivideSurface” node right now. I will definitely read the link you send me. That’s exactly what I am looking for.

No worries.