Floor follow topography

Hi guys same problem here. I wouldn’t say that the shape if complex. I am trying to create a Kerb

Seems like the script creates the points etc but then the shape edit fails…some form of clash of geometry

Any luck. Did anyone manage to edit the Python script to fix the problem ?

1 Like

you need to feed single closed cure to the floor node.

like this you can try,

Hi @Mohammad_Nawar Do you know why after I generate the floor this blue points shown on my screen and I can not select them.
However, if I save the project and reload the file the point disappeared !!

Hi, these lines are generated from dynamo by default and they will not effect your model, you can turn that off from dynamo settings.

Hello, I have a subregion with holes in it. However, the node Floor.byOutlineTypeAndLevel is overwhelmed with this task. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

This was addressed in Revit 2022 with API changes to holes in floors/ceilings etc.

Not possible in earlier builds without using a floor opening.

I have a video here of how to do this in Python if it helps:

Thank you Gavin! I’ll have to try it in Revit 2022 then.

1 Like

Hi Gavin,

great video, thanks! I have a question: does it also work when the curves have different Z values?

1 Like

I don’t think so, a curveloop must be connected in 3D space as far as I know. I would recommend using ‘pull to plane’ to make sure they are coplanar, as the sketch line doesn’t need to be at the workplane in my experience.

1 Like

Sorry Gavin, my bad, I did not explain it well.
What I mean is: when you have a valid closed curve loop of a floor or roof, its points elevation were changed. In Dynamo you can create a floor if the curves are on same plane. In order to change or add points to floor you have to first create it and then edit slab points.
I wonder, if you can create a floor with curveloops in one step.

My node outputs the floor so you could take this on to the next step with the topography comparison for sure.

1 Like