Finding exterior faces of the wall

Hello, I am trying to filter exterior faces of the wall which is envelope of the building, but it seems like I can only pick all vertical faces and they all are called the same name “Surface”, so it picks all vertical surfaces including parts that we do not usually see, therefore I have no clue which face is exterior one. Is there a way to filter out or to find only exterior faces of the wall? Select faces does not suit this case.

Hi @arun0169 …probably something could help…

1 Like

I think custom node does not know if the surface is really exterior in the context of a project, it depends on how wall is placed I imagine

1 Like

sure…but think the node gives the right surface the way you had build the wall type…but you have right if we dont modelled it or flip it right we got a problem

I would ask the normal of the surfaces and see if the vector is pointing inside a building volume (rooms,spaces,masses) or nowhere

yes an option too…

Thank you guys so much for solution and further discussion. I also have another question, is there a way to get specific axes of that surface, now I am able to identify x,y,z axes, yet I would like to extract only x axis for example.

1 Like

Hi @arun0169 …could you show your graph ?

you could try this one here…

1 Like

Of course! I am braindead right now, thank you so much! :smiley:

1 Like