Find Schedules not on Sheets

Hi -

Need your help, is there a better way to do this?

I put together this file to get schedules ‘not on sheets’ because I couldn’t find anything to do this for me. It works “okay” as long as the first sheet has a schedule on it, if not the ‘Element.Name’ node coming from the ‘Sheet.Views+’ node throws an error. It also take about 10 mins to run on a file with 150 sheets.

Thanks, Jason

Sch on Sheet.dyn (15.7 KB)

Jason-

Just to be clear, are you trying to put new schedules onto existing sheets? Not generate sheets and schedules at the same time?

Hi @nickaburnett - I am looking to find schedules that are not on sheets but live in the project.

@Jason_Trahan Took a small stab at rebuilding it. Mostly native nodes with the exception of “Sheet.Schedules” which I believe is in the Clockwork package (See the outline in blue).

Not entirely sure how well it will perform for you, but I built myself a quick test case of 70 sheets with 4 schedules. Seemed to process it all in about 5-10 seconds. Hopefully it will have a decent impact with your project as well.

Sch_on_Sheet_V2.dyn (19.1 KB)

1 Like

Thanks @nickaburnett. I’ll run it and let you know how it works!
Edit: After testing; if the first sheet has no schedule the script throws this error…

I added a ‘List.Clean’ node from the ‘Sheet.Schedules’ node to remove the “Empty list” and then wired the ‘List.Clean’ to the ‘Element.Name’ node the error is gone.

Thanks again.

1 Like

That’s funny. I was purposefully testing it without a schedule on the first sheet because of what you mentioned above and I wasn’t getting back any errors in my demo project. Hopefully it’s at least a little faster. Cheers!