Filter a filter element

HI
I filter the beam by identifier and I want to see for example the filter beam height

Hi Zied,

You are not passing elements to the Element.GetParameterValueByName node, but what appears to be strings. Try passing the elements instead.

I try several methods it does not work

it is necessary to transform the identifier to elements but how?

Without seeing your graph it is IMPOSSIBLE to help you… It is like asking somebody to correct your math reasoning by handing only your conclusion…

On the screenshot below you can see that the node that is bugging in your graph only accept Elements. You can check if an object is an element by checking if the green box with the ID appears on Dynamo.

Also, check if the parameter you want to get exist in Revit. You can check all the parameters of a given element with the Element.Parameters node.

HI
I filter the beam by identifier and I want to see for example the filter beam heightimage

@zied.samoud5, you need to show your complete graph for anyone to help you with the problem you are facing. The issue isn’t with the parts you’re showing but in prior sections. Please upload a complete graph image created by the camera export with all previews legible and expanded. Alternatively you can post your .dyn file directly.

FIRST TIME I filtered the beam by its identifier going correctly but after I got lists and I want to make another filter on this list by ‘’ h ‘’ for example it does not help me

That’s not a full graph by the camera export button. Notice how we can’t read the node names. Still can’t help you we’ll, but I can say that you are filtering the parameter values not the elements in your list.filterbyboolmask node.

1 Like

I highly support that statement :slight_smile: Try feeding the List.FilterByBoolMask with the elements rather than the identifiers

1 Like

connect these two

1 Like

the first filtration works but the problem when I want to see the filter list parameter by “element.getparmeterValuebyname”
my goal to filter the item by ID
i’ve got two lists i want to see the list height of element filter.
filtration by name it works but the second no

Have you at least tried the @m.rijsmus’s solution ? Why does it not suit you ?

2 Likes

yes it works thank you

yes it works thank you ,

DYNAMO select and filter.dyn (28.1 KB)
I can’t :frowning: .
Tôi thử một số phương pháp nó không hoạt động

Sorry, my Vietnamese is a little rusty, can you translate that to english? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I try a method number it does not work . :)))

What does the error say?