FamilyDocument.GetAssociated output not correct

Hello everyone,

currently i am working on a script to edit a bunch of families.
I do this with the orchid package. Inside the package i use the node “FamilyDocument.GetAssociated” to get all elements which have parameters which can be associated. The elements get recognized perfectly but the parameters are not read correctly. It retrieves only one parameter for each element, instead of a list of parameters for each element.

I am happy for every input,
Max

Orchid support is not accomplished via the forum. Best to reach out to the Orchid Package author by creating an issue on the GitHub repository linked here and in your original post (we have some tricky auto-generating link for some keywords associated with common questions).

Thanks for your reply. I opened a issue on orchids github, i don’t know why i didn’t even try to look there, sorry about that.

When i get an answer or hopefully a solution i will link it here and mark as solution.

1 Like

This is the issue on GitHub:
FamilyDocument.GetAssociated output not correct · Issue #235 · erfajo/OrchidForDynamo (github.com)

The node i was looking for is FamilyParameter.GetAssociated and feed it the FamilyDoc and the Parameter i am looking for. Unfortunately the node is not working as intended at the moment. But Erfajo already fixed it and it will be published with the next update.