Extract Warnings using Dynamo

Hi all, jumping onto a cooling thread here but does anyone have a solution for finding duplicated system elements such as pipes, ducts and cable trays? It looks like all the solutions I’ve seen, even the OOTB Warnings dialogue does not recognize (or at least does not list out) duplicate MEP ‘linears’. Using a comparison of Start/End Points might be worth a shot but this seems unnecessarily difficult. Suggestions?

Hi @chris.edwardsR3BJR the duplicate warnings works only for loaded family, not for system family, try instead interference checking from Revit or clash detection duplicates elms frm Navisworks, or dynamo script. Cheers

Hi @paris . Yes, I appreciate the OOTB duplicate warnings method does not pick up on system families like this. Using a clash detection mechanism like NW works for checking but not for scripting a method to locate, filter and delete the redundant components. I have now developed a method that takes an end-point comparison for ducts, pipes or trays and uses this to identify identical instances. It allows the user to tune the tolerances on this as it is common for the falls on gravity pipes to modify the pipework position enough so that the pipes are not quite identical… I’ve coupled this to another method that identifies which, if any of the duplicates are tagged and offers a list of un-tagged elements for deletion. I wonder why these elements are not part of the std Duplicate finder tho’.

Hi @chris.edwardsR3BJR if you want use NW you can export the HTML file or other to get the the elms by ID with dynamo and delete the duplicate elm, to choise which elm to delete you can before check the others elm in network connected to this elm. If you want use only dynamo try use “Element.GetLocation” node. Cheers

Hi again, yes I’ve investigated those methods before and prefer to keep the workflow within one software package. Also, NW will not identify which, if any of the duplicates is tagged so more reason to keep this contained within Dynamo/Revit. The Element.GetLocation node is what is currently being used to pull the start/end points.

Hello, I was working on extracting warnings data to csv. I am not able to group ElementId’s with specific warnings description text. Please let me know how to do this with dynamo or python.

Thanks,
Shirish