Exporting Schedule to text file/excel

@Lknapton

Words Up
Greate job, I’m trying to do do the same but it seems I missed something
Best Regards,

Hi @JeffT currently your connecting String to the code block. You need to connect “Watch” node list to codeblock.

1 Like

@Kulkul

Yes that was mistake thanks, man, but I change it now , it looks the same I believe I’m missing something

Best Regards,

@JeffT You have to specify file name with extension .csv/.xls for excel. Currently your just feeding the folder.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff, looks fine to me! Perhaps try copying python code again?

import clr
clr.AddReference('RevitAPI')
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import *

schedule = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
path = IN[1]
name = IN[2]

try:
	exp_opt = ViewScheduleExportOptions()
	schedule.Export(path, name, exp_opt)
	OUT = "Done"

except: OUT = "Nope"
2 Likes

Export Schedule(s).dyn (9.4 KB)

Jeff i have attached script but I have been using dynamo 1.0.0 so not sure if this be a problem. This allows you to choose between exporting 1 or multiple schedules. hope this helps

2 Likes

@Lknapton
Great man, it’s amazing job
it’s working
Best Regards :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Lknapton
what’s up, man.
can I ask one question regarding the same issue ,
the script working perfectly but if i’m using this way of numbaring (01-01),(02-07),(05-03) the result in excel shown as date is there is any way to cnvert it in this script before export it
check the photo please

Best Regards,

Hi @JeffT,

You add this { " "} before feeding your Door Number to excel. Its because By default Excel cell format is set to General. See Below an example how to modify your graph. Good Luck!

2 Likes

@JeffT Next time if you have any query start a new thread please. This topic belongs to someone and also your query is off topic. Thanks :slight_smile:

@Kulkul
Words Up
Let’s discuss it in new topic as you said it’s much better,
Regards

Code is working great. I have a question though…
if I want to export only One schedule and without the schedule headers which part of the code needs to modify?

Start a new post with what you have already tried attached as a screenshot, linking back to this post as required.

hi @Lknapton how do I use the code if I want to export one schedule only?
a code block maybe where the I can type the exact name of the schedule and only that schedule will be exported.

Please start a new post with what you have already tried attached as a screenshot, linking back to this post as required, and make sure to read the forum guidelines first:

Additional tip: you can reply to the post that interests you in a linked topic by clicking on “Share a link to this post” / “New Topic”:
Reply-as-a-linked-topic

1 Like

hi @Lknapton , i’m trying this script and it works with me but, still i want to export more than one schedule to one excel file , could you help ?

I’m not a python expert, but here’s a post for exporting scheduled to txt files, hope this helps…

See also:

https://bimorph.co.uk/bimorph-nodes/get-schedule-data/

hi I would like to compare the doors with the correct room numbers, heigths,width and level in revit project according to given excel list
I have just noticed that this dynamo script could help me
https://forum.dynamobim.com/uploads/short-url/tkUWC0xqcRKBecvVioqr0MuVWEA.png

could you have this script?
thanks
regards Beyth

Capture

I need to uncheck “Export title” when exporting schedule by script, can you help me, please!!!