Export to Xml

Hello friends,
I 'm trying to export a list of Dynamo data to a file with XML extension. I found only this node to do , but does not recognize well what I want to do.
Does anyone know how to do it ?

Thx in advance!!!

Hi, I guess there should have been a slight change to the input names on the serializer node from Luncbox, because it expects a dataset which again is built up with datatables. I’m not an expert in XML parsing but have a look at it and let me know if it helps! :slight_smile: If you can share more of your definition maybe we can help you further.

[quote=“r.gomez39, post:1, topic:4424”]
I 'm trying to export a list of Dynamo data to a file with XML extension. I found only this node to do , but does not recognize well what I want to do.Does anyone know how to do it ?
[/quote]FilePath wants a file path not a string
XML wants a string containing XML

This kind of thing:

Thank you very much in advance for both, Truevis and Jostein. :slight_smile:

The process now goes well!

I think it’s interesting to export data from Revit families to an XML extension.

Truevis, in the input “FilePath” connect “Path” How can you say , but also can connect to a Code Block or string if you add in the end the XML extension.

Thank you again!

Hi!
Thanks for explaining the concept. I have a question. How do you attach attribute values to attributes?

Say I wanted to edit the name=“Austria” to name=“Denmark” in the example below, or add a completely new attribute i.e climate=“Moderate”;

<gdppc>141100</gdppc>
    <neighbor name="Austria" direction="E"/>

How would I do that following your Dynamo example?

Thanks,
Adam