Error when creating dimension... why?

Very good days.
This time I’m trying to create dimensions on my structural beam but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong in the code…
I appreciate his help…thank you very much…
I show the following image as an example of the result I hope to obtain… thank you.

06_AUTO DIMENSION ERROR.dyn (67.2 KB)
06_AUTO DIMENSIONS ERROR.rvt (6.2 MB)

2 Likes

@AM3D.BIM.STUDIO ,

no idea :wink:

maybe someone can read the graph…

KR

Andreas

1 Like

:pensive: :sleepy: :cold_sweat:

What is the result of the Dimension.ByReferences node? Is the line on XY plane, or the view’s plane, or something else?

1 Like

Good morning…
I’ll try to recreate it with just one element and attach some description images of what I’m trying to get…

06a_AUTO DIMENSION ERROR.dyn (28.9 KB)

How can I know if the node is returning the correct plane that I need to use to créate the dimensión?

If I recall correctly, it is either the global xy plane (you are drawing the location one in the view, not the model) or it’s the views’s plane (View.Plane should help there, perhaps in clockwork if not out of the box).

1 Like

When you refer to GLOBAL, you mean that it is taken as if it were a plan view from above…??

I mean it as in the points which define the curve should have an X and Y value, but no Z.

1 Like

Thank you all very much for your comments and views… I managed to solve it… thanks guys.

1 Like

What was the solution?

1 Like

At first the approach of the solution was correct… the only thing I did not consider is the order of the references, since each element in revit has an order that is not always coherent, so I organized the references from left to right according to their point X, and I was able to create the dimensions.

3 Likes