Elevated Tank drawing

Hi All,

I’m a new user of Dynamo and I want to draw the following water tank model… so do you have any idea how to proceed?

Thanks.

@REDO10 ,hi

I would first clearify in which desgin-stage you are… do you need just volums or a a quantity-takeOff…
I think dynamo can elevate some tasks… what are your usecases?

Hello,
here is one way to do it,
(your biggest job will be to recover the cut of the half profile.)
your profile must not “stick” to the scanning axis (in any case there is a void of concrete there) otherwise the revolution does not work (by putting 0.0001m it works)
or add the “hole”
the union of the 2 solids was for the principle

have a good day

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

actually I want to have both, at the same time manage my parameters (the volume, the height of the tower and the dimensions of my foundations) and on the other hand have a quantity-takeOff.
Thanks.

Hi @christian.stan
Thanks for your reply
then the idea is to recover the cut of the half profile then make a symmetry?

Can you please share with me the dynamo file to follow well what you done?

Thanks.

1 Like

The idea is to make the section of the (1/2) profile then to make a revolution (the revolution was voluntarily limited here, to be able to see the shaft)
Note: Points are created counterclockwise.
If you start on the cylindrical coordinates (where you have a real physical 0m, you put 0.0001m), so that the revolution does not fail (if contact with the axis, don’t want, weird, Mr. @jacob.small (if you want to answer according to your schedule, thanks in advance) must know why in my opinion.

here is script
25 Juillet forum anglais.dyn (21.0 KB)

good fun

Cordially
christian.stan

Here is the script for the shell part.
this is one approach, there are surely others.

script:
coque.dyn (35.3 KB)

good luck
Cordially
christian.stan

Hi @christian.stan

I followed your example and I create profile of a portion of my water Tank but I stuck in the step where I should create a noeud between points by cordinates and the solide profile as I indicate in the image bellow!!

So, can you show me how to proceed ?

And please take a look to my file bellow

Chateau_1000m3.dyn (15.1 KB)

Thanks.

Hello,
Here is
You had put the 0.0001 on the height and not the radius

script:
Chateau_1000m3_v1.dyn (13.0 KB)

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hi @christian.stan

Thanks for your reply

ah ok I didn’t pay attention

another question:

Is there a way to introduce a number slider to manage the different coordinates (radius and elevations) in order to properly size the foundation according to the volume and height of the tank?

I want for example to manage the radius at the base of the raft and the radius of the shaft as I indicate in the image below

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,
Everything is possible with dynamo

Here’s a direction, + a little added value

Script:
Chateau_1000m3_v2.dyn (20.8 KB)

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hi @christian.stan

Thanks a lot for your contribution and the usefull formula you add to calculate soil constrainte under the foundation.

I still have some questions:

01- how can I display the revolved solide generated by dynamo in the same way as in REVIT when is used " In-Place Element" ? (see image bellow)

02- would you suggest me to create a single profil to be revolved which regroup elements are (raft + shaft + tank) or create each element separetly and then use solids’s union?

03- If you take a look at my first attached image, there are 09 levels to access the tank, so I want to manage these levels using dynamo i.e. add/remove some, therefore how can I do so?

Thanks.

1 Like

good evening, I am not in front of the computer.
-for question 1, I think there are topics that talk about it to avoid drifting too much from your initial topic

-for question 2 I would rather go on a modeling by level (see answer question 3) with a dictionary associated with the volumes -

for question 3: you can create a coordinate system with an elevation = at the max of the elevations of your lower level then plug it into a (new system in cylindrical coordinates)

then geometry translate with a variable n associated with the height of said level managed by a slider.

for the other upper elements you can start on the same principle

it’s clear in my head (but that it may seem obscure to read)
I’ll make an example tomorrow afternoon

good luck
good evening

Cordially
christian.stan

Hello,

here is
Creation of slabs with Boolean operations on solids to create void (add)

with transfer to the place of destination (Geometry.Translate)
taking into account the alternation of voids in the slabs.

good reading and understanding
script:
Chateau_1000m3_v3.dyn (181.6 KB)

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like