Elements Crossing Scope Box

HI all,
Im hoping for some help here. I am trying to create a graph that will pick up elements that not only sit in a scope box but sit across multiple scope boxes. In this case, we are using scope boxes for zones and as such, they will overlap.
The end game is to scan the model, read the elements and place the scope box name in a shared parameter field. (in this case IDENTITY_ZONE_WF) I have this part working nicely, as long as the element is completely inside the scope box.
The issue i am having now is that i want to pick up elements that span across two scope boxes, and provide the scope box name according to where the majority of the element is sitting in (ie a percentage of that element.) so id a wall is 60% in scope box 2 and 40% in scope box 1, the parameter is filled out with the name from scope box 2, as this is the majority of that wall.
Is there any way to do this? Any help appreciated.

Scope box intersection_v2.dyn (23.5 KB)

1 Like

This is exactly what I am looking for. Let me know if you have a solution for this.

thanks,

@Andrew_Harp @krupal.patelEER7M ,

Hello,

Mybe you can work with Geometry. I tried similar issue here:

I tried it but it is not filtering the elements I mentioned above.

Probably I have solved your query. I have used the Element Centroid method and I believe where element’s centroid stays the same scope box will be the one having the major portion of the element.
For my case it works pretty well.

Elements in scope box.dyn (18.3 KB)
hS7qPwogg7G3IvP.png)