Hi Julia. So here is the “problem”:

When DynaShape output the space results, the spaces are grouped into deparments (hence you will notice that the output spaces are organized as a 2-level list). I decided to do it this way because it make it easier to post-process the spaces bubbles (e.g. coloring them by department)

You can re-sort them manually to get the original order, like you already did. It is actually not that efficient because it is not the computational bottleneck and is only done once whenever you pause the exeuction.

1 Like

Hi Long,

Thank you for your explanation, now I see the logic behind it. So to solve my problem, it is enough to keep spaces grouped into departments how it is in the sample excel file. I do it and it works correctly!

Thank you very much for your support!



Hi @Vladimir, were you able to find the package for Revit 2022? where? does it work?

Here’s the link from first post:
Choose 2.7 version for Revit 2022

Does it work for convex polygons now?
Does it work for quantity > 1 ?

Hi guys!
I’ve installed DynaShape package 2.6, Revit 2024. I am getting this warning message I have no clue what it is about. Does somebody knows what is the cause of this message? Thank you for your reply

For revit 2024, I believe you need to install 0.8.2


Hello @john_pierson. Sorry, I meant I’ve installed dynaSape 0.7.30 (for Dynamo 2.6). Anyways it wasn’t the right version. I followed your recommendation and now it works! perfect! thank you for your reply!



I am testing the DynaShape Package that I downloaded from DynamoBIM. I am currently using Revit 2022 with Dynamo 2.10.

I didn’t change anything in the script, and already there are issues.

The first one is that it mentions that the input program file node is not supported and that only numbers, integers, boolean values, etc., should be used as inputs, not an imported file.

My second issue is with the node Engine.CreateWithInitialPositions. I don’t understand the problem.

Please note, I have just downloaded the example and executed it to understand it, but I have noticed that this node does not work in different situations.

Thank you