Dynamo Player do not automatically update BIM 360

Good morning guys,

My question is related to Dynamo Browser. I am leaving the routines in the company in a dedicated folder in BIM360, but every time I create a new routine or update a routine the changes in the cloud don’t update naturally and I need to ask and trust the users to open the routine in Dynamo itself and then close to force Dynamo player to update BIM 360 files.

Has anyone found a solution to this?
It is really annoying and causes me many problems or calls on my phone because someone did not find the routine with dynamo Player (but it is in BIM360) …

BIM360 is not really supported for Dynamo graph deployment at this time as Desktop Connector doesn’t manage the updates (as you have seen) or allow locking of graphs via open command in Dynamo.

You could try and force the graph to sync in desktop connector prior to running the graph, but I am not sure this would resolve in Dynamo Player.

FYI @solamour

1 Like

Thanks for the answer Jacob. Okay, so for now it’s a dead end…can you tell me if Autodesk has any plans to fix this?

I don’t have any insight here, but I will ask around.

Looking at other things which work with desktop connector I feel like “the tools to make it work” are there, but the Dynamo team would need to consume them. Best way to encourage that would be by the Revit Ideas Board (Autodesk forum) and Dynamo Wishlist (GitHub).

I see, okay Jacob, thanks for the tips

Link to vote:

1 Like

Looms like Kimberly Fuhrman would like to move the idea over to the BIM360 ideas page. Might not be a bad idea as this impacts users in Civil 3D, Alias, Robot, Advance Steel, Revit and others.

1 Like