Dynamo package - Unable to publish an update

I am trying to publish an update for a Dynamo package I’ve been occasionally working on. I have already done that several times, but this time I get the following error:

I have only added 5 new nodes and haven’t changed anything else

Hi @danail.momchilov what version of Dynamo are you using?

Hi, @Michael_Kirschner2 !

Tried publishing it from 2.6 (Revit 2021)

I now tried manually replacing the .dll file and publishing it from 2.16 (Revit 2023) and it worked.

I think what might have caused the issue in 2.6 was that I had it both in my packages folder and referenced externally, because of which I was seeing all the nodes twice:

Since we are on the topic, how can I remove such external references in 2.6? In 2.16 you can manage them all under preferences, as this functionality is included in the new Package Manager

2.6 - that was a while ago, I think there’s a manage node and package paths menu item.

I see, found it. It’s funny cause now I only left the standard path to the package library, but I see all the nodes in my custom package not twice, but 4 times already :smiley:

looks like a bug then with custom nodes, (are these .dyf based custom nodes?) in 2.6 - does the issue reproduce in a newer version like 3.0?

Are there version(s) of these custom nodes in your definitions folder?

nope, its a Zero touch nodes package. There are no .dyf files. It’s a weird bug I guess and it’s only in this version. It’s not a big deal, as we are already slowly moving away from 2021 (2.6) so I’ll just keep managing / publishing updates through Revit 2023 and 2024. I’ll still try to find what caused it

What is the package name? I can have a look at it and see if something is doubled up in the manifest or something.

1 Like

thx! that’s the one:

but it’s all fine in the newer versions :slight_smile:

Clean on my end using Revit 2021.1 and Dynamo 2.6, which means it’s likely picking up other directories in your system, perhaps as part of the build process.

One thing you can try before ‘moving on’ (after all 2021 is supported for a few months more): rename the directory %appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\2.6 to %appdata%\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\!2.6. This will bring things closer to a ‘clean’ install, with no packages at all as the settings file and package directory will be unfound and created anew on launch.

ok, thx!

1 Like