Dynamo: How to get "If Else" to work

Hi,

How can I tell Dynamo to take two inputs from the Form++ node and if the user clicked on Cancel, then basically “do nothing” and in case the user specified an action then “execute”?

In other words, take the two inputs (“User Inputs” and “Was Cancelled”) and execute two different actions according to what inputs are provided. If user says Cancel, “Was Cancelled” will be true and the program should do nothing. Else execute a Dynamo action.

I’d appreciate the help in advance!

Sounds like the node you’re looking for is the “scope-if” node. But be aware that you should have two completely separate tracks for the true and false inputs! (otherwise you’ll crash your dynamo).

Simply pass a dummy input like a string into the option that should not execute anything. :slight_smile:

Jonathan,
Thanks for the reply - I had to use a filter by bool mask to get this to work as I needed two different output routes. Route A, do something, and Route B, do nothing.

Best,
f

All roads lead to Rome :slight_smile:

Though your flow will still execute all nodes using filterbybool, which was the reason for not suggesting that :slight_smile:

1 Like