Dynamo exporting PDF by Adobe PDF

I’ve tried all those 4 different methods but the MergePDF doesn’t work.
I’ll try to download Adobe Arcobat later on this day and update you about it

MergePDF node doesn’t use Adobe Acrobat.
It uses Itextsharp.dll.

Be sure you don’t have restrictions on the dll.

1 Like

To test the behavior of the node, do something very simple as in the example below.

1 Like

Hi,

Continuing the conversation, I was successful in printing the PDFs and renaming them, but I’m facing another boring task.
I use Adobe PDF printer to create the PDFs and whenever the it creates a new PDF file it asks me the name and the file location. Is there anyway to avoid this tedious click by using any Dynamo script?

Thank you

Hi,

I don’t believe you can avoid this with Adobe PDF… I use PDF Creator, you can set it to not ask for save and you can also Export / Import a settings file for use with deployment & it’s free.

Hope that’s of interest,

Mark

1 Like

You can disable “Prompt For Adobe PDF”

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/using-pdf-printer.html

Hi,
A few of tips for this topic using PDFCreator free software and GeniusLoci package:

• In PDFCreator configure"Default Profile" for “Automatic Save”
  • In FileName use Tokken
  • Set target directory (In my case thats the same i use in “Directory Path” in Dynamo)
  • Uncheck all the opcions before

In Dynamo use Print PDF and Filenametofilepaths nodes from GeniusLoci package, PDFCreator will take the filename defined for you in the node (For ex.: Sheet Number + Sheet Name)

I hope it will be usefull for all of you

4 Likes

i know this is a old post, and I will try what you have shown. But currently I am using your "Print PDF in Document (multiple Formats) from 2020.7.10. It opens the “save as” for each sheet, I am able to Append it as I save, but was wondering if the combine function was working properly in the Python. I know nothing about Python, so would not know what to check. There is not a combine input on the node. Is this something you can help with?

Dear Alban, Trust you are doing good. I just followed the steps you suggested but still no luck.
I am sharing my Dynamo Graph here. Kindly review the same and give your suggestion. Your support will highly be appreciated.

Thanks

You are feeding a directory path into the PRINT PDF node, not filepaths.

2 Likes

Thank you soo soo much :slight_smile:
Script is working perfectly now. Let me try to assign my custom PDF names now.

Thanks again for your support MVE1112

1 Like